With Dr. Moira Somers Ph.D | Financial Psychologist | Author | Speaker
Dr. Somers is a nationally recognized expert on financial psychology with a particular interest in the factors that affect people’s financial decisions and actions.
Her book, Advice that Sticks: How to Give Financial Advice that People Will Follow, has become an international bestseller. It tackles, head-on, the problem of unimplemented financial advice.
- Why we don’t make the financial decisions we want
- We explore the structural and system issues that influence why/how professional athletes go bankrupt
- How casinos and banks can be complicit in bankruptcies/financial issues
- How money doesn’t change people, rather it is an accelerant
- How “financial systems” influence our financial outcomes
- Why creating financial boundaries are so important?
- How financial set points influence your financial outcomes
- How to forgive and encourage ourselves around financial setbacks
- Financial self-talk drives your financial bus
- “You can get into financial issues when given too much rope,” Dr. Moira Somers
- “Money is an accelerate….it makes you more of who you are” Dr. Moira Somers
- “Resilience is not fixed” Dr. Moira Somers