Dr. Antonio Harrison (Coach Doc) Ph.D. | Professor | Behavioural Scientist | Coach | Creator | Warrior
Dr. Antonio Harrison, a.k.a Coach Doc, was born and raised in Pasadena, CA. He is a loving husband and father of 3 boys. Coach Doc has spent his life in the world of Sports and Fitness. He began his journey as a Junior Olympic Swimmer who then fell in love with basketball, football, and track. Coach Doc is a former 4-year starter and NCAA Football player. He has a Ph.D. in Behavior Analysis and focuses his research on Health, Sports, and Fitness, as well as Leadership and gives invited talks nationwide. His works have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, magazines, and books. He has taught graduate school for the past 12 years and currently is a Professor at Pepperdine University and the online program of the University of West Florida. He also hosts a podcast that educates athletes, parents, and coaches on optimizing both physical, nutritional, and mental performance.
- How to discover and tame your “inner warrior” that lies deep inside of us
- How/why embracing a “coach” can change our lives (beyond the field)
- How coaching can permit us to become ourselves
- The value of removing all our labels and asking yourself, “who am I?”
- How we can remove the distractions of money in our life
- How being an active and present parent in your child’s life is a “rich” one.
- Why cultivating “self-worth” within ourselves and our children is one of the most significant “assets” we can own.
- Why an understanding of family origin stories helps us create our own stories moving forward
- Why parents should strive to be “Batman” over “Superman.”
- “I am not afraid to lose everything we have” Coach Doc
- “Be kind in everything you do” Coach Doc
- “Assumptions are the mother of all F-ups” Coach Doc
- “Kids don’t do what you say; they do what they see” Coach Doc
- “We may not be in a mansion, but we got smiles on our faces and love in our hearts” Coach Doc